We are ET.
ET Intellectual Property (formerly Ellis Terry) is a boutique intellectual property law firm, founded in 2009 by former partners of one of New Zealand’s oldest and largest intellectual property firms. Established to serve a local and international client base, but with a strong New Zealand client focus, we provide advice and expertise in all aspects of intellectual property.
We offer legal and strategic advice to innovative entrepreneurs, corporations, inventors, designers, and artists. Our patent attorneys are experts in mechanical, electrical, computer and software engineering.
While we judge our success by the clients we serve, we are proud to be recognised through industry awards.
- Intellectual Property Specialist Law Firm of the Year Finalist (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
Managing IP, IP Stars
- Patent Prosecution, Tier 2 (2023)
- Individual Patent Stars (2023): John Terry
- Individual Rising Star (2022): Mathew Campbell
IAM Media, Strategy 300
- Recommended Individual (2022): John Terry
IAM Media, Patent 1000
- Recommended Firm, Prosecution (2023)
- Highly Recommended Individuals (2023): John Terry
- Recommended Individuals (2023): Mathew Campbell
- Recommended Individuals (2023): Godfrey Livingstone
- Patent Contentious – Tier 2 (2022)
- Patent Prosecution – Tier 1 (2022)
- Recommended Patents (2022): John Terry
- Appointed service providers to Beyond IP programme.